Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pin-Up Inspired Makeup


The Pin-Up look is probably my favorite one to both wear and apply. I don't know why it's taken me so darn long to put one up! I just absolutely love everything vintage, the women were the epitome of elegance. Sometimes I feel like I am living in the wrong decade.
They key is to not make yourself look too costume-y. You want to have that vintage look with an understated modern twist.





Step 1. Start with prepping the face. You can see how to here.

Step 2. Using my all-time favorite Good Girl color palette buy Ulta I took the lightest bone color and applied it all over from the lash line up to the brow bone. Next, I took the medium shade which is a bronze milk chocolate color with flecks of gold and blended it in the crease.

Step 2a.Then I took my Espresso eyeliner by Ulta and applied it to the top and bottom lash lines, concentrating the color at the outer corner. Smudge. Once the eyeliner was to my liking I took my angled brush and pressed the darkest brown from the previously mentioned palette and pressed it into the eyeliner. This will guarantee it to last all day without smearing or bleeding.

Step 2b.Finally, curl the eyelashes and apply a couple of coats of mascara.



Step 3. After prepping the lips (tips can be found here) I applied Cheerful Cherry lip color from the Mineral Makeup collection by E.L.F.

Step 4. Using your favorite shade of blush, sweep a little color on the cheek bones.

Hot diggety! You look like you're from the 40's, doll face!

No comments:

Post a Comment