Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blue-Eyed Beauty


Today I was running around frantically thinking of what to post, when I happened upon this makeup look in my archives. I really like this look for the summer/ spring. It makes me feel so fresh and light! I would especially recommend this makeup for you ladies with blue eyes. Let me tell you why.


Color Theory tells us that complementary colors are across each other on the color wheel. A complement makes the other color seem more intense. If we look at the blues, we can see that reds/oranges are directly across. Therefore, if you really want your blue eyes to POP, I would suggest an orange-y/brown color on the lids.


Eyes: Using my Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette by e.l.f I took a light orange-y brown and swept it from the lash line to the crease. In order to make the orange more "quotidiano" I blended a caramel brown in the crease. If you want to make this a lot more funky, I would suggest layering deeper shades of orange in the crease. For eyeliner I used my trusty Ulta automatic eyeliner in cappuccino.

Tip: When I apply eyeliner for daily wear, I start from the center of the eye and extend it towards the outer corner of the eye on both the top and bottom lash lines. Just like wearing that LBD (Little Black Dress) makes you look smaller, rimming the entire eye with a dark eyeliner (especially black) will make the eye appear smaller.

Lips: First I lined and filled in my lips with a light pink lip liner by Rimmel (I lost it though so I can't tell you which color it is). Again, I used the Not So Innocent Pink by jane and went over the lined lip.

Cheeks: Just a quick sweep of Joy by e.l.f. to finish off the look will do!

Love and thoughts of summer!

-Anna

P.S. Find my page on facebook and become a fan. Then post your pictures, comments, questions, etc. It's your space!

No comments:

Post a Comment